BVI offshore company formation
The BVI Business Company (BC) is one of the most widely recognized and oldest offshore financial centres. A new version of the BVI Business Companies Act 2005 eradicated the two structure concept of a domestic company that operates within the BVI and an offshore company, allowing only one unified company: the BVI Business Company.
- No minimum share capital requirement
- Minimum number of company directors is one (non-resident and corporate directors allowed)
- Director / Shareholder information is not available to the public and kept only with the registered agent
- No requirement for filing of financial accounts or audit
- BVI shelf companies available immediately. Ask now.
The BVI Business Company is a good match for a whole range of operations for:
- trading activities
- holding shares in foreign companies
The new unified BVI offshore company still enjoys a tax-free status, including exemption on all income tax, dividends, interest, rents, royalties, and capital gains from the sale of company shares. It is considered tax resident in BVI and has signed double tax treaties with Switzerland and Japan. In place of tax, there is a fixed annual government fee, as well as an annual registered agent fee.