Company formation in Italy
Italy has recently taken new steps to position itself as a welcoming home for foreign investment. The result is that Italy is slowly emerging as a land of opportunity, although you will need specialist local advice to help navigate your way through the bureaucracy.
- VAT registration service available. Normally registration takes 40 days.
- Minimum share capital is: €10,000
- Minimum number of directors is one.
- No restrictions on foreign shareholders.
- Annual tax return and VAT filed quarterly plus annual audit.
- Codice Fiscale required for each foreign director and shareholder
- Personal visit to Milan is required to open Bank account in Italy.
- Shelf Companies with VAT available. Ask now.
[tab title="Limited company"]
LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY (S.r.L.) FOR TRADING
Most popular format for businesses in Italy is S.r.L., Limited Liability Company.