Company formation in France
France has a relatively high corporate tax rate for trading income (approx. 34%) and the tax authorities do not tolerate France company transactions related to companies from traditional tax havens. Nevertheless, a France company’s prestigious status can be used to your advantage, for example, to purchase and hold brand names.
- Minimum share capital is €2 but banks require more than this figure in order to set up an account. The traditional share capital has been €8,000 but a minimum amount could be deposited of around €4,000.
- Minimum number of directors is one.
- Non EU directors must apply for the government authorization
- All French entities must now have regulatory books (Accounting, Stock, Minutes) that must be certified by Companies house. These books must be kept by the company or the accountant.
- Shelf Companies with VAT available. Ask now.